بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
- (The Prophet (Peace be upon him)) frowned and turned away,
أَن جَآءَهُ ٱلْأَعْمَىٰ
- Because there came to him the blind man (i.e. Abdullah bin Umm-Maktoom, who came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) while he was preaching to one or some of the Quraish chiefs).
وَمَا يُدْرِيكَ لَعَلَّهُۥ يَزَّكَّىٰٓ
- But what could tell you that per chance he might become pure (from sins)?
أَوْ يَذَّكَّرُ فَتَنفَعَهُ ٱلذِّكْرَىٰٓ
- Or that he might receive admonition, and that the admonition might profit him?
أَمَّا مَنِ ٱسْتَغْنَىٰ
- As for him who thinks himself self-sufficient,
فَأَنتَ لَهُۥ تَصَدَّىٰ
- To him you attend;
وَمَا عَلَيْكَ أَلَّا يَزَّكَّىٰ
- What does it matter to you if he will not become pure (from disbelief, you are only a Messenger, your duty is to convey the Message of God).
وَأَمَّا مَن جَآءَكَ يَسْعَىٰ
- But as to him who came to you running.
- And is afraid (of God and His Punishment),
فَأَنتَ عَنْهُ تَلَهَّىٰ
- Of him you are neglectful and divert your attention to another,
كَلَّآ إِنَّهَا تَذْكِرَةٌ
- Nay, (do not do like this), indeed it (these Verses of this Quran) are an admonition,
فَمَن شَآءَ ذَكَرَهُۥ
- So whoever wills, let him pay attention to it.
فِى صُحُفٍ مُّكَرَّمَةٍ
- (It is) in Records held (greatly) in honour (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfooz).
- Exalted (in dignity), purified,
- In the hands of scribes (angels).
- Honourable and obedient.
قُتِلَ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ مَآ أَكْفَرَهُۥ
- Be cursed (the disbelieving) man! How ungrateful he is!
مِنْ أَىِّ شَىْءٍ خَلَقَهُۥ
- From what thing did He create him?
مِن نُّطْفَةٍ خَلَقَهُۥ فَقَدَّرَهُۥ
- From Nutfah (male and female semen drops) He created him, and then set him in due proportion;
ثُمَّ ٱلسَّبِيلَ يَسَّرَهُۥ
- Then He makes the Path easy for him;
ثُمَّ أَمَاتَهُۥ فَأَقْبَرَهُۥ
- Then He causes him to die, and puts him in his grave;
ثُمَّ إِذَا شَآءَ أَنشَرَهُۥ
- Then, when it is His Will, He will resurrect him (again).
كَلَّا لَمَّا يَقْضِ مَآ أَمَرَهُۥ
- Nay, but (man) has not done what He commanded him.
فَلْيَنظُرِ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ إِلَىٰ طَعَامِهِۦٓ
- Then let man look at his food,
أَنَّا صَبَبْنَا ٱلْمَآءَ صَبًّا
- That We pour forth water in abundance,
ثُمَّ شَقَقْنَا ٱلْأَرْضَ شَقًّا
- And We split the earth in clefts,
فَأَنۢبَتْنَا فِيهَا حَبًّا
- And We cause therein the grain to grow,
- And grapes and clover plants (i.e. green fodder for the cattle),
- And olives and date-palms,
- And gardens, dense with many trees,
- And fruits and Abba (herbage, etc.),
مَّتَٰعًا لَّكُمْ وَلِأَنْعَٰمِكُمْ
- (To be) a provision and benefit for you and your cattle.
فَإِذَا جَآءَتِ ٱلصَّآخَّةُ
- Then, when there comes As-Sakhkhah (the Day of Resurrections second blowing of Trumpet),
يَوْمَ يَفِرُّ ٱلْمَرْءُ مِنْ أَخِيهِ
- That Day shall a man flee from his brother,
- And from his mother and his father,
- And from his wife and his children.
لِكُلِّ ٱمْرِئٍ مِّنْهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ شَأْنٌ يُغْنِيهِ
- Every man, that Day, will have enough to make him careless of others.
وُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ مُّسْفِرَةٌ
- Some faces that Day, will be bright (true believers of Islamic Monotheism).
- Laughing, rejoicing at good news (of Paradise).
وَوُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ عَلَيْهَا غَبَرَةٌ
- And other faces, that Day, will be dust-stained;
- Darkness will cover them,
أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ هُمُ ٱلْكَفَرَةُ ٱلْفَجَرَةُ
- Such will be the Kafarah (disbelievers in God, in His Oneness, and in His Messenger Muhammad (Peace be upon him), etc.), the Fajarah (wicked evil doers).