بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
وَٱلسَّمَآءِ ذَاتِ ٱلْبُرُوجِ
- By the heaven, holding the big stars.
- And by the Promised Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection);
- And by the witnessing day (i.e. Friday), and by the witnessed day (i.e. the day of Arafat (Hajj) the ninth of Dhul-Heejjah);
قُتِلَ أَصْحَٰبُ ٱلْأُخْدُودِ
- Cursed were the people of the ditch (the story of the Boy and the King).
ٱلنَّارِ ذَاتِ ٱلْوَقُودِ
- Fire supplied (abundantly) with fuel,
إِذْ هُمْ عَلَيْهَا قُعُودٌ
- When they sat by it (fire),
وَهُمْ عَلَىٰ مَا يَفْعَلُونَ بِٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ شُهُودٌ
- And they witnessed what they were doing against the believers (i.e. burning them).
وَمَا نَقَمُوا۟ مِنْهُمْ إِلَّآ أَن يُؤْمِنُوا۟ بِٱللَّهِ ٱلْعَزِيزِ ٱلْحَمِيدِ
- They had nothing against them, except that they believed in God, the All-Mighty, Worthy of all Praise!
ٱلَّذِى لَهُۥ مُلْكُ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ وَٱللَّهُ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَىْءٍ شَهِيدٌ
- Who, to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! And God is Witness over everything.
إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ فَتَنُوا۟ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَٱلْمُؤْمِنَٰتِ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَتُوبُوا۟ فَلَهُمْ عَذَابُ جَهَنَّمَ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابُ ٱلْحَرِيقِ
- Verily, those who put into trial the believing men and believing women (by torturing them and burning them), and then do not turn in repentance, (to God), will have the torment of Hell, and they will have the punishment of the burning Fire.
إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَهُمْ جَنَّٰتٌ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ ذَٰلِكَ ٱلْفَوْزُ ٱلْكَبِيرُ
- Verily, those who believe and do righteous good deeds, for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). That is the great success.
إِنَّ بَطْشَ رَبِّكَ لَشَدِيدٌ
- Verily, (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) the Grip (Punishment) of your Lord is severe.
إِنَّهُۥ هُوَ يُبْدِئُ وَيُعِيدُ
- Verily, He it is Who begins (punishment) and repeats (punishment in the Hereafter) (or originates the creation of everything, and then repeats it on the Day of Resurrection).
وَهُوَ ٱلْغَفُورُ ٱلْوَدُودُ
- And He is Oft-Forgiving, full of love (towards the pious who are real true believers of Islamic Monotheism),
ذُو ٱلْعَرْشِ ٱلْمَجِيدُ
- Owner of the throne, the Glorious
فَعَّالٌ لِّمَا يُرِيدُ
- He does what He intends (or wills).
هَلْ أَتَىٰكَ حَدِيثُ ٱلْجُنُودِ
- Has the story reached you of the hosts,
- Of Firaun (Pharaoh) and Thamood?
بَلِ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ فِى تَكْذِيبٍ
- Nay! The disbelievers (persisted) in denying (Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and his Message of Islamic Monotheism).
وَٱللَّهُ مِن وَرَآئِهِم مُّحِيطٌۢ
- And God encompasses them from behind! (i.e. all their deeds are within His Knowledge, and He will requite them for their deeds).
بَلْ هُوَ قُرْءَانٌ مَّجِيدٌ
- Nay! This is a Glorious Quran,
فِى لَوْحٍ مَّحْفُوظٍۭ
- (Inscribed) in Al-Lauh Al-Mahfooz (The Preserved Tablet)!