بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
لَمْ يَكُنِ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ مِنْ أَهْلِ ٱلْكِتَٰبِ وَٱلْمُشْرِكِينَ مُنفَكِّينَ حَتَّىٰ تَأْتِيَهُمُ ٱلْبَيِّنَةُ
- Those who disbelieved among the People of the Book and the Polytheists were not going to be parted (from their disbelief and polytheism) until there came to them clear evidence.
رَسُولٌ مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ يَتْلُوا۟ صُحُفًا مُّطَهَّرَةً
- A Messenger from God, reciting pages purified (purified from all falsehood and containing all goodness).
فِيهَا كُتُبٌ قَيِّمَةٌ
- Within which are upright (truths contained in past) scriptures (and just laws and prescriptions).
وَمَا تَفَرَّقَ ٱلَّذِينَ أُوتُوا۟ ٱلْكِتَٰبَ إِلَّا مِنۢ بَعْدِ مَا جَآءَتْهُمُ ٱلْبَيِّنَةُ
- And those (Jews and Christians) who were given the Scripture (and were awaiting the arrival of a Messenger in Arabia) did not become divided (regarding the Messenger and his mention in their scriptures) until after the clear evidence—(this Messenger and this Qurʾān)—had come to them (so some believed and others disbelieved).
وَمَآ أُمِرُوٓا۟ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ ٱلدِّينَ حُنَفَآءَ وَيُقِيمُوا۟ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ وَيُؤْتُوا۟ ٱلزَّكَوٰةَ وَذَٰلِكَ دِينُ ٱلْقَيِّمَةِ
- And they were not commanded (in their scriptures) except to worship God (alone), being sincere to Him in religious devotion, being upright and inclined (to truth) and to establish the prayer and to give the obligatory charity. And that is the upright, correct religion.
إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ مِنْ أَهْلِ ٱلْكِتَٰبِ وَٱلْمُشْرِكِينَ فِى نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَٰلِدِينَ فِيهَآ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ ٱلْبَرِيَّةِ
- Indeed, those who disbelieved among the People of the Book and the Polytheists will be in the Fire of Hell, abiding therein. They are the worst of creatures (in terms of their oppressive actions in the world and in terms of their situation and outcome in the Hereafter).
إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ هُمْ خَيْرُ ٱلْبَرِيَّةِ
- Indeed, those who have believed and worked righteous deeds, they are the best of creatures.
جَزَآؤُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ جَنَّٰتُ عَدْنٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ خَٰلِدِينَ فِيهَآ أَبَدًا رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا۟ عَنْهُ ذَٰلِكَ لِمَنْ خَشِىَ رَبَّهُۥ
- Their reward with their Lord are Gardens of Eternity beneath which rivers flow, they will abide therein forever, God will be [leased with them, and they with Him. That is for him who fears his Lord.