بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
- By the fig and the olive (which grow in the region inhabited by Jesus).
- And (by) Mount Sinai (upon which Moses received revelation).
وَهَٰذَا ٱلْبَلَدِ ٱلْأَمِينِ
- And (by) this secure city (Mecca, whose security Abraham prayed for, and where Muhammad received revelation).
لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا ٱلْإِنسَٰنَ فِىٓ أَحْسَنِ تَقْوِيمٍ
- We have certainly created man in the best stature (in form, appearance, balance and strength, coupled with innate disposition, and the power of reason).
ثُمَّ رَدَدْنَٰهُ أَسْفَلَ سَٰفِلِينَ
- Then (due to his disbelief and opposing his innate disposition) we return him to the lowest of the low (in physical location, the Hellfire).
إِلَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ فَلَهُمْ أَجْرٌ غَيْرُ مَمْنُونٍ
- Except those who believe and work righteous deeds, for they will have a reward without end.
فَمَا يُكَذِّبُكَ بَعْدُ بِٱلدِّينِ
- Then what causes you (O disbelievers) to deny the Recompense (on the Day of Judgement)?
أَلَيْسَ ٱللَّهُ بِأَحْكَمِ ٱلْحَٰكِمِينَ
- Is not God the most just of judges (Who will judge with perfect justice between His servants and never wrong them in anything)?