بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
- By the forenoon (after sun-rise);
وَٱلَّيْلِ إِذَا سَجَىٰ
- And by the night when it is still (or darkens);
مَا وَدَّعَكَ رَبُّكَ وَمَا قَلَىٰ
- Your Lord (O Muhammad) has neither forsaken you nor hated you.
وَلَلْءَاخِرَةُ خَيْرٌ لَّكَ مِنَ ٱلْأُولَىٰ
- And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world).
وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰٓ
- And verily, your Lord will give you so that you shall be well-pleased.
أَلَمْ يَجِدْكَ يَتِيمًا فَـَٔاوَىٰ
- Did He not find you (O Muhammad) an orphan and gave you a refuge?
وَوَجَدَكَ ضَآلًّا فَهَدَىٰ
- And He found you unaware (of The Book and faith) and then guided you?
وَوَجَدَكَ عَآئِلًا فَأَغْنَىٰ
- And He found you poor, and made you rich (self-sufficient that you become grateful)?
فَأَمَّا ٱلْيَتِيمَ فَلَا تَقْهَرْ
- So as for the orphan, do not oppress (him).
وَأَمَّا ٱلسَّآئِلَ فَلَا تَنْهَرْ
- And as for the beggar, do not repel him;
وَأَمَّا بِنِعْمَةِ رَبِّكَ فَحَدِّثْ
- And as for the favour of your Lord (in granting you Prophethood, the Qurʾān and all other bounties), then narrate it (to others).