بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
- By the heaven, and At-Tariq (the night-comer, i.e. the bright star);
وَمَآ أَدْرَىٰكَ مَا ٱلطَّارِقُ
- And what will make you to know what At-Tariq (night-comer) is?
- (It is) the star of piercing brightness;
إِن كُلُّ نَفْسٍ لَّمَّا عَلَيْهَا حَافِظٌ
- There is no human being but has a protector over him (or her) (i.e. angels incharge of each human being guarding him, writing his good and bad deeds, etc.)
فَلْيَنظُرِ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ مِمَّ خُلِقَ
- So let man see from what he is created!
خُلِقَ مِن مَّآءٍ دَافِقٍ
- He is created from a water gushing forth
يَخْرُجُ مِنۢ بَيْنِ ٱلصُّلْبِ وَٱلتَّرَآئِبِ
- Proceeding from between the back-bone and the ribs,
إِنَّهُۥ عَلَىٰ رَجْعِهِۦ لَقَادِرٌ
- Verily, (God) is Able to bring him back (to life)!
يَوْمَ تُبْلَى ٱلسَّرَآئِرُ
- The Day when all the secrets (deeds, prayers, fasting, etc.) will be examined (as to their truth).
فَمَا لَهُۥ مِن قُوَّةٍ وَلَا نَاصِرٍ
- Then will (man) have no power, nor any helper.
وَٱلسَّمَآءِ ذَاتِ ٱلرَّجْعِ
- By the sky (having rain clouds) which gives rain, again and again.
وَٱلْأَرْضِ ذَاتِ ٱلصَّدْعِ
- And the earth which splits (with the growth of trees and plants),
إِنَّهُۥ لَقَوْلٌ فَصْلٌ
- Verily! This (the Quran) is the Word that separates (the truth from falsehood, and commands strict legal laws for mankind to cut the roots of evil).
وَمَا هُوَ بِٱلْهَزْلِ
- And it is not a thing for amusement.
إِنَّهُمْ يَكِيدُونَ كَيْدًا
- Verily, they are but plotting a plot (against you O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)).
- And I (too) am planning a plan.
فَمَهِّلِ ٱلْكَٰفِرِينَ أَمْهِلْهُمْ رُوَيْدًۢا
- So give a respite to the disbelievers. Deal you gently with them for a while.