بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
وَٱلَّيْلِ إِذَا يَغْشَىٰ
- By the night as it covers;
وَٱلنَّهَارِ إِذَا تَجَلَّىٰ
- And by the day as it appears in brightness;
وَمَا خَلَقَ ٱلذَّكَرَ وَٱلْأُنثَىٰٓ
- And by Him Who created male and female;
إِنَّ سَعْيَكُمْ لَشَتَّىٰ
- Certainly, your efforts and deeds are diverse (different in aims and purposes);
فَأَمَّا مَنْ أَعْطَىٰ وَٱتَّقَىٰ
- As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to God and fears Him,
- And believes in the Best (the statement of monotheism) (or: the obligations of prayer, fasting and charity) (or: the promise of Allāh) (or: Paradise and its reward).
- We will make easy for him (the path to) ease (goodness).
وَأَمَّا مَنۢ بَخِلَ وَٱسْتَغْنَىٰ
- But as for he who is greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient .
- And gives the lie to the Best;
- We will make easy for him (the path to) evil;
وَمَا يُغْنِى عَنْهُ مَالُهُۥٓ إِذَا تَرَدَّىٰٓ
- And what will his wealth benefit him when he goes down (in destruction).
إِنَّ عَلَيْنَا لَلْهُدَىٰ
- Indeed! Upon Us is (to give) the guidance,
وَإِنَّ لَنَا لَلْءَاخِرَةَ وَٱلْأُولَىٰ
- And indeed, to Us belongs (whatever is in) the Hereafter and the present (life of the world).
فَأَنذَرْتُكُمْ نَارًا تَلَظَّىٰ
- So I have warned you (O inhabitants of Mecca and all others) of a Fire which blazes fiercely.
لَا يَصْلَىٰهَآ إِلَّا ٱلْأَشْقَى
- None shall enter it except the most wretched,
ٱلَّذِى كَذَّبَ وَتَوَلَّىٰ
- Who had rejected (My Signs and My Messenger) and turned away (from obedience).
- And far removed from it will be the pious.
ٱلَّذِى يُؤْتِى مَالَهُۥ يَتَزَكَّىٰ
- Who gives his wealth (seeking) to be purified,
وَمَا لِأَحَدٍ عِندَهُۥ مِن نِّعْمَةٍ تُجْزَىٰٓ
- Without (there being) anyone who has done a favour to him to be recompensed.
إِلَّا ٱبْتِغَآءَ وَجْهِ رَبِّهِ ٱلْأَعْلَىٰ
- Except (he gives only) seeking the Face of his Lord, the Most High;
- He surely will be pleased (when he will enter Paradise).