بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
أَلَمْ نَشْرَحْ لَكَ صَدْرَكَ
- Have We not expanded for you (O Muhammad) your chest?
وَوَضَعْنَا عَنكَ وِزْرَكَ
- And removed from you your burden (of past errors, and of being in the days of ignorance, and of the heavy weight of prophethood).
ٱلَّذِىٓ أَنقَضَ ظَهْرَكَ
- Which weighed down your back?
وَرَفَعْنَا لَكَ ذِكْرَكَ
- And made lofty your mention?
فَإِنَّ مَعَ ٱلْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا
- Then verily, with the hardship, there is ease.
إِنَّ مَعَ ٱلْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا
- Verily, with the hardship, there is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs).
فَإِذَا فَرَغْتَ فَٱنصَبْ
- So when you have finished (from your occupation), then stand up (in prayer and supplication).
وَإِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ فَٱرْغَب
- And to your Lord (Alone) turn (all your intentions, hopes and aspirations).