بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
لَآ أُقْسِمُ بِيَوْمِ ٱلْقِيَٰمَةِ
- I swear by the Day of Resurrection;
وَلَآ أُقْسِمُ بِٱلنَّفْسِ ٱللَّوَّامَةِ
- And I swear by the self-reproaching soul (a believer).
أَيَحْسَبُ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ أَلَّن نَّجْمَعَ عِظَامَهُۥ
- Does man (a disbeliever) think that We will not assemble his bones?
بَلَىٰ قَٰدِرِينَ عَلَىٰٓ أَن نُّسَوِّىَ بَنَانَهُۥ
- Yes, We are Able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers.
بَلْ يُرِيدُ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ لِيَفْجُرَ أَمَامَهُۥ
- Nay! (Man denies Resurrection and Reckoning. So) he desires to continue committing sins.
يَسْـَٔلُ أَيَّانَ يَوْمُ ٱلْقِيَٰمَةِ
- He asks: “When will be this Day of Resurrection?”
فَإِذَا بَرِقَ ٱلْبَصَرُ
- So, when the sight shall be dazed,
- And the moon will be eclipsed,
وَجُمِعَ ٱلشَّمْسُ وَٱلْقَمَرُ
- And the sun and moon will be joined together (by going one into the other or folded up or deprived of their light, etc.)
يَقُولُ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ يَوْمَئِذٍ أَيْنَ ٱلْمَفَرُّ
- On that Day man will say: “Where (is the refuge) to flee?”
كَلَّا لَا وَزَرَ
- No! There is no refuge!
إِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ يَوْمَئِذٍ ٱلْمُسْتَقَرُّ
- Unto your Lord (Alone) will be the place of rest that Day.
يُنَبَّؤُا۟ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ يَوْمَئِذٍۭ بِمَا قَدَّمَ وَأَخَّرَ
- On that Day man will be informed of what he sent forward (of his evil or good deeds), and what he left behind (of his good or evil traditions).
بَلِ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ عَلَىٰ نَفْسِهِۦ بَصِيرَةٌ
- Nay! Man will be a witness against himself (as his body parts (skin, hands, legs, etc.) will speak about his deeds).
وَلَوْ أَلْقَىٰ مَعَاذِيرَهُۥ
- Though he may put forth his excuses (to cover his evil deeds).
لَا تُحَرِّكْ بِهِۦ لِسَانَكَ لِتَعْجَلَ بِهِۦٓ
- Move not your tongue concerning (the Quran, O Muhammad) to make haste therewith.
إِنَّ عَلَيْنَا جَمْعَهُۥ وَقُرْءَانَهُۥ
- It is for Us to collect it and to give you (O Muhammad) the ability to recite it (the Quran),
فَإِذَا قَرَأْنَٰهُ فَٱتَّبِعْ قُرْءَانَهُۥ
- And when We have recited it to you (O Muhammad through Jibrael (Gabriel)), then follow you its (the Qurans) recital.
ثُمَّ إِنَّ عَلَيْنَا بَيَانَهُۥ
- Then it is for Us (God) to make it clear to you,
كَلَّا بَلْ تُحِبُّونَ ٱلْعَاجِلَةَ
- Not (as you think, that you (mankind) will not be resurrected and recompensed for your deeds), but (you men) love the present life of this world,
- And leave (neglect) the Hereafter.
وُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ نَّاضِرَةٌ
- Some faces that Day shall be Nadirah (shining and radiant).
إِلَىٰ رَبِّهَا نَاظِرَةٌ
- Looking at their Lord (God);
وَوُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍۭ بَاسِرَةٌ
- And some faces, that Day, will be Basirah (dark, gloomy, frowning, and sad),
تَظُنُّ أَن يُفْعَلَ بِهَا فَاقِرَةٌ
- Thinking that some calamity was about to fall on them;
كَلَّآ إِذَا بَلَغَتِ ٱلتَّرَاقِىَ
- Nay, when (the soul) reaches to the collar bone (i.e. up to the throat in its exit),
وَقِيلَ مَنْ رَاقٍ
- And it will be said: “Who can cure him and save him from death?”
وَظَنَّ أَنَّهُ ٱلْفِرَاقُ
- And he (the dying person) will conclude that it was (the time) of departing (death);
وَٱلْتَفَّتِ ٱلسَّاقُ بِٱلسَّاقِ
- And leg will be joined with another leg (shrouded)
إِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ يَوْمَئِذٍ ٱلْمَسَاقُ
- The drive will be, on that Day, to your Lord (God)!
فَلَا صَدَّقَ وَلَا صَلَّىٰ
- So he (the disbeliever) neither believed (in this Quran, in the Message of Muhammad) nor prayed!
وَلَٰكِن كَذَّبَ وَتَوَلَّىٰ
- But on the contrary, he belied (this Quran and the Message of Muhammad) and turned away!
ثُمَّ ذَهَبَ إِلَىٰٓ أَهْلِهِۦ يَتَمَطَّىٰٓ
- Then he walked in full pride to his family admiring himself!
أَوْلَىٰ لَكَ فَأَوْلَىٰ
- Woe to you (O man (disbeliever))! And then (again) woe to you!
ثُمَّ أَوْلَىٰ لَكَ فَأَوْلَىٰٓ
- Again, woe to you (O man (disbeliever))! And then (again) woe to you!
أَيَحْسَبُ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ أَن يُتْرَكَ سُدًى
- Does man think that he will be left Suda (neglected without being punished or rewarded for the obligatory duties enjoined by his Lord (God) on him)?
أَلَمْ يَكُ نُطْفَةً مِّن مَّنِىٍّ يُمْنَىٰ
- Was he not a Nutfah (mixed male and female discharge of semen) poured forth?
ثُمَّ كَانَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقَ فَسَوَّىٰ
- Then he became a clinging clot); then (God) shaped and fashioned (him) in due proportion.
فَجَعَلَ مِنْهُ ٱلزَّوْجَيْنِ ٱلذَّكَرَ وَٱلْأُنثَىٰٓ
- And made him in two sexes, male and female.
أَلَيْسَ ذَٰلِكَ بِقَٰدِرٍ عَلَىٰٓ أَن يُحْۦِىَ ٱلْمَوْتَىٰ
- Is not He (God Who does that), Able to give life to the dead? (Yes! He is Able to do all things).