بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Ever-Merciful to His believing servants.
- And by the sun and its brightness;
وَٱلْقَمَرِ إِذَا تَلَىٰهَا
- And by the moon when it follows it (the sun);
وَٱلنَّهَارِ إِذَا جَلَّىٰهَا
- And by the day as it shows up (the suns) brightness;
وَٱلَّيْلِ إِذَا يَغْشَىٰهَا
- And by the night as it conceals it (the sun and its brightness);
وَٱلسَّمَآءِ وَمَا بَنَىٰهَا
- And by the heaven and Him Who built it;
وَٱلْأَرْضِ وَمَا طَحَىٰهَا
- And by the earth and Him Who spread it,
وَنَفْسٍ وَمَا سَوَّىٰهَا
- And by the soul and Him Who perfected him in proportion;
فَأَلْهَمَهَا فُجُورَهَا وَتَقْوَىٰهَا
- Then He showed him its (deeds of) sinfulness and its piety;
قَدْ أَفْلَحَ مَن زَكَّىٰهَا
- Indeed he succeeds who purifies it.
وَقَدْ خَابَ مَن دَسَّىٰهَا
- And indeed he fails who corrupted it.
كَذَّبَتْ ثَمُودُ بِطَغْوَىٰهَآ
- (The people of) Thamud denied (their Prophet) by way of their transgression.
إِذِ ٱنۢبَعَثَ أَشْقَىٰهَا
- When the most wicked man among them went forth (to kill the she-camel).
فَقَالَ لَهُمْ رَسُولُ ٱللَّهِ نَاقَةَ ٱللَّهِ وَسُقْيَٰهَا
- But the Messenger of God (their messenger – Saleh) said to them: “(Do not harm) the she-camel of God and (bar it not from) its drink!”
فَكَذَّبُوهُ فَعَقَرُوهَا فَدَمْدَمَ عَلَيْهِمْ رَبُّهُم بِذَنۢبِهِمْ فَسَوَّىٰهَا
- Then they rejected him and they killed her. So their Lord destroyed them because of their sin, and made them equal in destruction (i.e. all grades of people, rich and poor, strong and weak, etc.)!
وَلَا يَخَافُ عُقْبَٰهَا
- And He feared not the consequences thereof.